KC Conway, CRE, CCIM, MAI
Principal, Red Shoe Economics, LLC
Economist and Futurist Kiernan "KC" Conway, CCIM, CRE, MAI is the mind trust behind Red Shoe Economics, LLC, an independent economic forecasting and consulting firm furthering KC's mission as The Red Shoe Economist by providing organic research initiatives, reporting and insights on the impact of Economics within the commercial real estate industry.
KC is a nationally recognized industry thought leader and Subject Matter Expert with expertise in Macro Economics, Valuations, Ports & Logistics, Banking Regulation, Real Estate Finance, MSA level market monitoring, Environmental Risk Management, Housing Economics and Tax Appeals.
- Chief Economist for CCIM Institute (2018-present)
- Co-Founder and Principal of Red-Shoe Economics
- EXP Commercial – Economics Advisor
- Instructor for FFIEC (Federal Financial Institutions Exam Council) – Housed at FDIC in DC, FFIEC provides Bank Regulatory Education
- Appraisal Foundation – Director, Board of Trustees CY 2022 (AF created by 1989 FIRREA legislation to oversee Appraisers)
Education & Professional Credentials:
- Emory University Business School – Graduated with Honors 1985
- MAI Designation from the Appraisal Institute (1989 to present)
- Counselor of Real Estate (CRE Designation) since 2009
- CCIM Member
- 35 years as an appraiser, bank regulator, CRE underwriter and credit officer, economist, investor, and expert witness
- Specialize in Adaptive Reuse, Affordable Housing and Housing Economics, Manufactured Housing, Site Selection and Land Use Rezoning, Economic Impact Studies, Capital Markets and CRE Finance, Ports & Logistics.
- Advisor to Bank Regulatory Community (FDIC, Federal Reserve, etc.) since 2005. Briefed former FED Chair Bernanke.
- Chief or Senior Appraiser for Wells Fargo Bank, legacy SouthTrust Bank, legacy SunTrust Bank
- Independent Director to legacy Monmouth MREIC (50+ year old Industrial REIT sold to ILPT February 2022)
- Published in numerous periodicals and Real Estate Journals such as Real Estate Issues, Wall Street Journal, NY Times, FreightWaves, Globe Street, BizNow, Realtors Connections, and Counselors of Real Estate annual Top-10 CRE Issues.
- Presented over 1,000 times in past 20 years to all major CRE Industry Groups including Appraisal Institute, Am. Bankers Assoc, Am. Property Tax Counsel, Counselors of Real Estate, ICSC (retail), MBA, NAHB, NAIOP, RMA, SIOR, and ULI.